It was a great night at the food pantry! I’m always in awe of how God provides. Yesterday our Trader Joe’s donation was smaller than usual – “only” about 500 pounds – but then I get a phone call from our friend Bea De La Rosa over at St. Louis Food Pantry asking if we could use some eggs. From experience I know when Bea says “some” she’s talking about a lot! In this case, 140 dozen! They had more but I figured this would stretch our ability to store them. Needless to say, everyone who wanted eggs last night got eggs, and we have lots for next week. And then another special gift – Amy Russin and her Girl Scouts donated a dozen cases of Girl Scout cookies! Talk about temptation! But remembering James 4:7, I resisted. Ha! Not sure James was thinking about cookies, but hey.
Thanks so much to all our donors, supporters, encouragers, prayer warriors and volunteers. Each of you is an essential part of this ministry.
Please pray for all our clients.
- If you are interested in a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact Carl or Pastor Stella.
- We still have a need for a large capacity vehicle (3/4-ton or more) on Tuesdays. If you have a possible solution, please contact Carl.
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- Mac & Cheese
- We can always use reusable grocery shopping bags (Not paper or “single-use” plastic bags please.)
- If you have questions about how to make financial or food donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.