It was a great day at the Food Pantry! I was just reviewing our web site. Various parts of it reflect where we’ve been over the past few years. An audio clip describing what we do and why mentions that we distributed 70,000 meals in the previous year. A headline next to it proclaims 104,000 meals in a year. And our recent monthly numbers are past that rate. Where is God leading us in this ministry? We don’t know; but what we do know is that Jesus told us all to care for those in need, so that’s what we do every week.
I invite you to join us in this work. Support us financially. If you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what it is that keeps our volunteers coming back. And if you are interested in exploring a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact me or Pastor Stella.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 23
- # households served: 82
- # individuals served: 255
- # first-timers: 14
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- peanut butter
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc.
- baby items
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency