It was a great night at the food pantry. A slow night, but a great night. After experiencing a 40-degree drop in temperature and a pick up in the wind, everybody was talking about how cold it was. Yet we all know that before we meet again next week it will be back to 70 degrees and sunny. We experience these brief cold blasts just long enough to make us appreciate our normally warm weather. In a way, it’s a metaphor for the whole food pantry experience which keeps us in touch with how fortunate we are most of the time. And yet, the struggles do blow into our lives from time to time. One volunteer is being greatly challenged by family dynamics and asked for prayers, and yet, there she is on Wednesday night, helping others, knowing that things will improve. We all need each other to get through this life. Praise be to God for creating this space where we can help each other!
Please pray for all our clients – and our volunteers.
- We still have a need for a large capacity vehicle (3/4-ton or more) on Tuesdays. If you have a possible solution, please contact Carl.
- If you are interested in a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact Carl or Pastor Stella.
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- peanut butter
- We can always use reusable grocery shopping bags (Not paper or “single-use” plastic bags please.)
- If you have questions about how to make financial or food donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.