It was a great day at the Food Pantry – a busy night, with clients from 96 households served.
We are excited about an upcoming event. On May 3rd, we will be having a dinner and sixth anniversary celebration! Barilla (the pasta people) will be preparing and serving the main course for the congregation, volunteers and friends. Much more on this to come in the next few weeks.
Next week is Holy Week. Jesus asks us to love and serve as he did, and so the ancient custom of foot washing has been preserved in the church as a sign of servant leadership. We will have a gathering in the outdoor chapel near the food pantry next Wednesday, April 12. Pastor Stella will be there from 6:30-7:30 to offer foot washing – or simply a short blessing – to anyone who would like to participate. If you have never participated in something like this, it is a humbling reminder of God’s love, especially for those who are much more comfortable giving than receiving. Whether you choose to participate or not, please receive appreciation for the gift of your presence at the foot pantry. It means so much to so many.
If you have never volunteered at the food pantry before, come join us on Wednesday at 10am or 5pm to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. Questions? Shoot me an email. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 25
- # households served: 96
- # individuals served: 302
- # first-timers: 9
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- soup, cereal
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, etc.
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- Note: we have an ample supply of egg cartons for now. Thanks for getting us stocked up!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency