Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 116
· # individuals served: 387
· # first-timers: 15
· # of volunteers: 38
Philippians 3:14 (NIV)
“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Week after week, we put our collective efforts together and pull off another successful night at our Food Pantry. I am continually amazed at the dedication of a relatively small group or large depending on your perspective, of volunteers that weekly help between 350 and 500 people get some basic life necessities. This includes human interaction with people who we probably wouldn’t ordinarily associate. It can only be a God thing. And even when physical exhaustion and mental exasperation creep in, we continue to press forward!
On another note, we had a film crew from NBC there Tuesday and Wednesday. They are doing a documentary on child poverty for the Red Nose project and we will be a small part of that! Stay tuned for further details concerning the release of the video.
It was another tremendous night at OUR Food Pantry!
If you are looking for something to donate besides food, we could sure use baby diapers and wipes!
Please take a moment to reread all the opportunities below to help this ministry.
WE NEED YOU!!
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Nancy Bertolino or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
What do we need:
• Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency