It was a great day at the Food Pantry!
This is my least favorite topic to talk about, especially in this space, but sadly it has risen to the top of my list. For the past six months financial giving to the food pantry has fallen far short of our operating expense. For five and one-half years, we have been blessed to serve all who come to us in need. By the grace of God, we have not had to restrict clients by where they live or the frequency of their coming. Please support us financially (see below for how to give) so we may continue this great ministry to all our neighbors in need. And if you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 30
- # households served: 88
- # individuals served: 291
- # first-timers: 15
- We will be closed on Dec 28th.
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- canned fruit
- baby food
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, baby items, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency