Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 123
· # individuals served: 448
· # first-timers: 22
· # of volunteers: 33
4,489 pounds of food received this week from all our various sources!
Ever have one of those times when every thing seemed to go wrong at once? I experienced some of that this week with aspects of the food pantry operations. From time to time we are offered donations of various items other than food and a week ago we were offered a used commercial one-door refrigerator. A couple of us went to inspect it, liked it and told the guy we met that we would take it but that we would have to arrange a way to pick it up. We worked out the logistics to pick it up the next day however apparently some other agency came that same evening and grabbed it unbeknownst to the guy we talked to!
Other than that, it was still another tremendous night at OUR Food Pantry!
Thank you all for participating in this ministry. Each of you play a vital role!
Peace and blessings to all!
If you are looking for something to donate besides food, we need more egg cartons, diapers and baby wipes and MONEY!!
Please take a moment to reread all the opportunities below to help this ministry.
WE NEED YOU!!
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Nancy Bertolino or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
What do we need:
• Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency