It was a great day at the Food Pantry! The area Dollar Tree stores conducted food drives recently and we were the beneficiaries of the Lake Creek store – 450 pounds today and maybe a little more next week! Also, Randall’s and KVUE are teaming up for their annual Food For Families Food Drive, now in progress. Since the Food Bank is closed next week and all resources are focused on their move to the new facility, CTFB invited us to pick up next week’s contribution at the Braker Randalls store. If you shop at either of these stores…thank you!
Join the team… Covenant food pantry has the following volunteer needs! Training will be provided.
(1) Help with Annual Certification of clients 4:00 – 7:00 Wednesdays beginning July 6. It’s a 5-minute sit with clients to fill out a form. We will need the most help the first few weeks. Spanish and Vietnamese skills are especially valuable, but not required. There will be a mandatory training class the prior Wednesday.
(2) Receive Whole Food Deliveries. Cover for a vacationing volunteer Fridays July 1-29. Be at church at 2:00 (time negotiable), bring in, weigh and put away food.For more information about any of the above opportunities, contact Carl at 512-940-3975 or email.If you are interested in exploring a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact Carl or Pastor Stella.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients,
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- peanut butter
- We can always use reusable shopping bags (Not paper or “single-use” plastic bags please.)
- Financial donations to the food pantry can be made by check or online at covenantaustin.org/events-
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 20
- # households served: 69
- # individuals served: 228
- # first-timers:3
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency