It was a great day at the Food Pantry! Kind of a quiet evening last night – only 81 clients – although there was a bit of excitement for a few clients about next week. That’s when Central Texas Food Bank’s Marketing and Communication team will be onsite to shoot video! We are excited too and look forward to having a video that tells our story. But the fun included discussions of sequined gowns and walking the red carpet. Ha! It won’t be quite like that, and most of us will probably wind up on the cutting room floor; but it should be fun. I hope to tell you all about it in next week’s Weekly.
Donations of toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, etc., are beginning to come in – thanks! We can use lots every week, so keep them coming!
If you have never volunteered at the food pantry before, come join us on Wednesday at 10am or 5pm to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. From time to time we have volunteer needs at other times also. Questions? Shoot me an email. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 26
- # households served: 81
- # individuals served: 261
- # first-timers: 5
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- soup, mac&cheese
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, etc.
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- Note: we have an ample supply of egg cartons for now. Thanks for getting us stocked up!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency