Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 110
· # individuals served: 368
· # first-timers: 17
· # of volunteers: 41
4,737 pounds of food received this week from all our various sources!
“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” -Matthew 25:40
We were back to our normal numbers this past Wednesday. The weather cooperated and you, the volunteers helped make the evening go smooth. Just in case you were wondering, Wednesday night doesn’t just happen on it’s own, it is the culmination of all the hard work put in all week starting right when we close. It’s been said that leading volunteers is like herding cats but that really isn’t the case here as everyone does their job without too much complaining. Any complaining is actually more like constructive encouragement, mostly useful and needed.
We all play vital parts and all necessary if we are to succeed in pulling this off every week. Do not downplay any role no matter how small it may feel to you as God needs you to help. Remember, whatever role you do play is entirely for the glory of God and that is why this ministry continues to bless others less fortunate. As an example, we were given a gift of $1000 from the Texas Methodist Foundation but it came as a gift from the employees individually not from the company. Our ministry is being recognized for the role it plays in helping others even though we never actively seek any personal praise, it just happens!
Thank you, Jesus!
And thank you all for participating in this ministry.
It was another wonderful evening of fellowship at OUR food pantry!
Peace and blessings to all!
If you are looking for something to donate besides food, we need more egg cartons, diapers and baby wipes and MONEY!!
Please take a moment to reread all the opportunities below to help this ministry.
WE NEED YOU!!
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Nancy Bertolino or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
What do we need:
• Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency