It was a great day at the Food Pantry! We wonder about our “regulars” when we don’t see them, those with whom we have talked and prayed for months or years. Are they to the point where they can’t even get to the food pantry? Have things improved for them and they don’t need to come? We fear the worst, hope for the best. Last night one of these came right at closing time, as was always her habit. As usual she was unhurried, smiling, talkative, positive, giving praise to God no matter what. Some of you reading this probably now recognize her. She didn’t come for food this night, but to bring some donations and to help us clean up…and to talk and give thanks. Praise God!
I invite you to join us in this work. Support us financially. If you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what it is that keeps our volunteers coming back. And if you are interested in exploring a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact me or Pastor Stella.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 23
- # households served: 81
- # individuals served: 258
- # first-timers: 09
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- baby food
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, baby items, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency