It was a great night at the food pantry! Our numbers are down the past few weeks as compared with the previous few months. A career of looking at graphs and charts makes me instinctively want all trends to be “up and to the right.” But in this world of food insecurity we really want the trends to be heading towards zero! Let’s hope this is our new normal, in spite of our almost-five-year trend of up-up-up.
It was an interesting night also. One long-time client who has many chronic life challenges arrived drunk and confused. I suppose we could have just pointed the way to the door. But instead, with the loving help of multiple volunteers, not to mention several other clients, this lost soul was talked to, reassured, prayed over, and generally loved through the evening. May God have mercy on His children.
Please pray for all our clients – and our wonderful volunteers.
- We still have a need for a large capacity vehicle (3/4-ton or more) on Tuesdays. If you have a possible solution, please contact Carl.
- If you are interested in a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact Carl or Pastor Stella.
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- Mac & Cheese
- We can always use reusable grocery shopping bags (Not paper or “single-use” plastic bags please.)
- If you have questions about how to make financial or food donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.