I love our volunteers, but I don’t mention our great staff often enough. Our great custodian, Celina Ochoa, makes sure the facility is spic & span and set up properly; Pam Devine, our office manager/book keeper/webmaster/communications chief/Jack-of-all-trades, what will we do without her; and of course Pastor Stella who is wonderfully hands-on and truly loves those who come to us for help.
My plea for help in July (see below under Volunteer Opportunities) produced some wonderful results this week. Just a couple more volunteers for that need and we’ll be all set!
As I mentioned last week, two clients enthusiastically agreed to give on-camera testimonials about their experience with the food pantry. It happened tonight! They each spoke beautifully, simply, without notes, and seemed happy to help us. Praise God! You will be seeing these videos soon around Covenant.
Please pray for all our clients.
This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate food: creamy peanut butter, canned tuna, soup.
To make food or monetary donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.
This week’s numbers:
– # of volunteers: 18
– # households served: 57
– # individuals served: 205
– # first-timers: 6
(1) Work with an experienced volunteer to pick up food at Capital Area Food Bank on Tuesdays at 11:00AM and take to Food Pantry. Total time from Covenant area will be about 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM. This job requires the ability to lift up to 30 lbs and load these items into a vehicle, then unload into the Food Pantry.
(2) Per USDA rules, we will restart our annual client registration process on July 1st. For several weeks we’ll need additional volunteers to sit with clients, ask a few simple questions and fill out a form. Bilingual (English-Spanish) speakers especially helpful but not required. It’s very simple and training will be provided. Time: Each Wednesday in July from 4:00 – 7:00, but you don’t have to be there the whole time. If you can help, even for a week or two, please let me know. We need you!!!
(3) Receive, weigh and put away food delivered to Food Pantry from Whole Foods. This job requires the ability to lift up to about 30 lbs. Time: each Wednesday afternoon, delivery is generally between 1-2pm.
(4) Ready to step your ministry up a notch? Call me. 512-940-3973. Already a food pantry volunteer? Call me. I’ve got a couple of things I’d love to talk with you about. It will be a no-risk, no-pressure conversation, just something to think about.
Covenant Food Pantry is a Capital Area Food Bank Partner Agency