It was a great day at the Food Pantry! Or at least that’s what I’ve been told. I was home being sickly and missed the whole thing! I do so appreciate the volunteer team that makes it all happen when one of us is missing. Actually, a bunch of us were missing, but the team made it all work.
It was another “90s” night. No, we weren’t listening to 90s music. But serving 90 or more households is no big deal for us any more. And speaking of numbers, here is how 2016 finished. We served 3950 households comprising over 12,000 individuals! It was a year with two very different parts. We began the year averaging in the 80s; but by mid-year that number had fallen to below 70. We wondered what was going on. Then, things took off, and by year end our average was in the upper 80s! We never discovered what caused that sag in the first half.
And a bit of good year-end news… giving to the food pantry was up in December! Thank YOU!!! We need your gifts every month to do what we do every week. And if you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 19
- # households served: 90
- # individuals served: 258
- # first-timers: 16
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- soup, peanut butter, cereal
- baby food, baby items
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency