Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 110
· # individuals served: 362
· # first-timers: 13
· # of volunteers: 30
Have you ever wondered if what we are doing is making a difference? Have you ever questioned your own motivation concerning your involvement with the food pantry? These questions seem to drift into my thought process from time to time however it would seem that when that occurs at least for me, then it becomes about me! This ministry is not about me or you. The success and expansion of this ministry is about God and his love for his children. That includes you and everybody else, whether you are a volunteer or a client. One of my devotionals this week reminded me of this great truth, “The power of God sovereignly works miracles in response to the faith of a community moving in love.”
But just in case you don’t believe this, I want to share a note we received from one of our regular clients this week.
It was another tremendous night at OUR Food Pantry!
Peace and blessings to all!
If you are looking for something to donate besides food, we need EGG CARTONS!
Please take a moment to read all the other opportunities below that help this ministry.
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Nancy Bertolino or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
What do we need:
• Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency