It was a great day at the Food Pantry! An even 100 households were served tonight – the second highest ever. Actually, a few more than that came. One person said he needed just a couple of cans of tuna to make sandwiches for a trip and would be gone the next few weeks. Another came, signed in, but left before his turn came. This happens from time to time; someone realizes how long they will have to wait and just leaves before getting food. And then there’s our enigmatic friend who comes, signs in, hangs around and talks to others for a while, and leaves without food, every time. We even asked him why he does it, but got riddles for answers. Each person has a story. So many of them, we’ll never know. We trust God will provide for them, through food pantries and elsewhere.
We will be open next week as usual, then closed Dec 28th. Please support us financially (see below for how to give) so we may continue this great ministry to our neighbors in need. And if you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 25
- # households served: 100
- # individuals served: 321
- # first-timers: 18
- We will be closed on Dec 28th.
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- canned fruit
- baby food
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, baby items, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency