Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 107
· # individuals served: 342
· # first-timers: 19
· # of volunteers: 34
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” – Isaiah 55:8
Our God is a big picture God. When we expanded our Food Pantry over seven years ago, no one could have imagined the massive undertaking that it has become each week except God. All we wanted to do was to help facilitate feeding a few more needy families in our community. When we were handing out those first few bags of food to under 10 families those first few weeks, not in our wildest dreams could we have imagined averaging over 125 families, or having all the other activities that coincide with the pantry like the hospitality snack supper or the Free Store.
It is truly mind-boggling! However, with this type of expansion, comes a boat load of logistics which quite frankly exceeds our ability to manage at times. We are in the midst of reassessing our entire process with the hope that we can break down our operation into much smaller pieces so that no one single person has to bear the entire load of this vital ministry.
Be in prayer as we transition to new leadership and new operation processes. As always, we thank God for all of you who give of your time and resources to keep this ministry going!
Peace and blessings to all!
If you are looking for something to donate besides food, we could sure use baby diapers and wipes!
Please take a moment to reread all the opportunities below to help this ministry.
WE NEED YOU!!
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Ernie Cruz or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
What do we need:
- Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency