It was a great day at the Food Pantry! Is it wrong to enjoy chaos? Must be a character flaw of mine. On top of the normal keystone cops atmosphere at food pantry, last night we layered the video project that I discussed in last week’s Weekly. And Mindy from the Food Bank’s Outreach team was with us. Mindy, and videographer Elizabeth and our Intake guys Dan and Darryl all needed private space to do their jobs and we had 1½ rooms for them to share! Oh, and there was a food pantry going on. Crazy! But fun. Thanks to our very understanding volunteers, some of whom came early to help make it all work. I’m super excited about the video. Now we have to wait for Elizabeth to work her editing magic. Special thanks also to Emma for covering the Free Store for Rita and Erin.
If you have never volunteered at the food pantry before, come join us on Wednesday at 10am or 5pm to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. From time to time we have volunteer needs at other times also. Questions? Shoot me an email. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 31
- # households served: 76
- # individuals served: 217
- # first-timers: 9
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- soup, mac&cheese
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- Special request: Earth’s Best Infant Formula (lavender container) for client baby with tummy troubles!
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, etc.
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- Note: we have an ample supply of egg cartons for now. Thanks for getting us stocked up!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency