It was a great day at the Food Pantry! It’s almost Thanksgiving and I have much to be thankful for. We had 30 volunteers participate in the food pantry ministry this week. Each week, as we “circle up” to pray about 5:30, I look at these wonderful people and all the food God has provided and I give thanks. Each week, as the Wednesday Morning Team arrives to receive deliveries, sort produce, meat, eggs and all the rest, I look at them and give thanks. And Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays when volunteers drive, load, unload, sort, check and stock many hundreds of pounds of food, every week without fail, I give thanks. This week Covenant Preschool is doing their annual food drive benefiting the food pantry. Local gardeners bring their produce, and today we’ll receive donations from a local business. Thanks, thanks and Thanks! And not a week goes by without many, many people expressing their thanks to us for helping them. What an awesome thing God is doing here at Covenant!
I invite you to join us in this work. Please support us financially. It takes more money to provide for the increasing numbers of clients. And if you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what it is that keeps our volunteers coming back.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 30!
- # households served: 94
- # individuals served: 273
- # first-timers: 12
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- baby food
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, baby items, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency