It was a great day at the Food Pantry! No…it was a fantastic day at the Food Pantry! Just look at what went on tonight:
- Members of 84 households left with all the food they could carry…as usual
- Central Texas Food Bank’s Outreach team was with us, helping clients with SNAP registrations and benefits informatiion
- Texas Workforce Commission’s representative was talking to clients about jobs and job-finding skills
- “Our” Methodist Healthcare Ministries Wesley Nurse and the team from Blue Cross Blue Shield were giving kids immunization shots
- The Free Store was onsite offering clothing and housewares.
God really pulled out all the stops today…it was a busy, crazy, great place to be!!!
If you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what it is that keeps our volunteers coming back! And if you are interested in exploring a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact me or Pastor Stella.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- canned chicken or beef
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made by check or online at covenantaustin.org/events-a
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 25
- # households served: 84
- # individuals served: 255
- # first-timers: 19
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency