It was a great night at the food pantry! We were blessed with the opportunity to help 80 households. Our ability to do that is by God’s grace working through so many of you – your gifts of money, food and volunteering every week, every month, every year.
I’m asking today for your prayers and consideration regarding our ability to transport food each week from Capital Area Food Bank to Covenant. Our weekly orders often exceed the capacity of a half-ton pickup and so we are faced with the decision of whether to drive multiple vehicles the 40-mile round trip or trim back our order to fit. Neither is desirable. Renting each week is expensive and owning encumbers the church with ongoing insurance and maintenance expense. Please pray for God’s guidance on this, and bring your ideas to me. And special thanks to the King, Bright and Blankenship families for holding this part of the ministry together for these many months!
Please pray for all our clients.
- If you are interested in a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact Carl or Pastor Stella.
- We still have a need for a large capacity vehicle (3/4-ton or more) on Tuesdays. If you have a possible solution, please contact Carl.
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- Mac & Cheese
- We can always use reusable grocery shopping bags (Not paper or “single-use” plastic bags please.)
- If you have questions about how to make financial or food donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.