To those of you who faithfully read these weeklies… you are my heroes. It must take a lot of patience and grace to come here every week and listen to my laundry list of needs. Bless you. And now for this week’s list. 😉
— One of our refrigerators generates water inside until things get wet and eventually we have a puddle on the floor. If you (a) have a full-size refrigerator in working order that you are ready to part with, or (b) know how to fix the problem, let me know!
— We need empty egg cartons – dozen or half-dozen size. Please save yours and just drop them in the big Food Pantry box in the hall near the kitchen.
— Please take a look at the volunteer opportunities below.
And so about tonight… I guess I’m a sucker for a crying person. When someone comes to the pantry for the first time and the world has taken it’s toll on them, to the point that they can’t talk about it with dry eyes; or when the mere fact that they have to go to a bunch of strangers and ask for food starts the tears flowing; it just breaks my heart. Some need a job. Some know they will never work again. Some have lost the special person in their life. Each person has a story. They need help. They need prayers. Please… pray for all our clients.
This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate food: peanut butter (creamy), cereal, soup.
To make food or monetary donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.
This week’s numbers:
– # of volunteers: 16
– # households served: 60
– # individuals served: 206
– # first-timers: 11
(1) Work with an experienced volunteer to pick up food at Capital Area Food Bank on Tuesdays at 11:00AM and take to Food Pantry. Total time from Covenant area will be about 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM. This job requires the ability to lift up to 30 lbs and load these items into a vehicle, then unload into the Food Pantry.
(2) Per USDA rules, we will restart our annual client registration process on July 1st. For several weeks we’ll need additional volunteers to sit with clients, ask a few simple questions and fill out a form. Bilingual (English-Spanish) speakers especially helpful but not required. It’s very simple and training will be provided at 4:00 6/24/2015.
Time: Each Wednesday in July from 4:00 – 7:00, but you don’t have to be there the whole time. If you can help, even for a week or two, please let me know. We need you!!!
(3) Wednesday afternoons: Receive, weigh and put away food delivered to Food Pantry from Whole Foods. This job requires the ability to lift up to about 30 lbs. Time: each Wednesday afternoon, delivery is generally between 1-2pm.
(4) Ready to step your ministry up a notch? Call me. 512-940-3975. Already a food pantry volunteer? Call me. I’ve got a couple of things I’d love to talk with you about. It will be a no-risk, no-pressure conversation, just something to think about.
To make donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.
Covenant Food Pantry is a Capital Area Food Bank Partner Agency