It was a great day at the Food Pantry! We had a busy afternoon and evening that included a very troubled client, a 911 call, and outstanding efforts by volunteers Katie and Belinda, Pastor Stella and our awesome Fire/EMS friends from down the street! We may never know the end of the story, but pray for the young woman who is in a desperate situation. On the positive side we were blessed to be able to help 106 families put nourishing food on the table!
Would you like to be part of this ministry but Wednesday nights are not workable for you? There are other opportunities to help:
- In 2018 we will have a couple of openings for people to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You could do a ride-along with our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical shape.
- Wednesday mornings 10-noon we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce. It’s easy and anyone can contribute.
If you have never volunteered at the food pantry before, come join us on Wednesday to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. Questions? Shoot me an email. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 29
- # households served: 106
- # individuals served: 346
- # first-timers: 10
What do we need:
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Click here to watch our video. It was produced by our friends at the Central Texas Food Bank.
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency