Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 105
· # individuals served: 303
· # first-timers: 14
· # of volunteers: 31
“Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.” –Proverbs 3:27
What do you want for your birthday? Ever had that question? Well, I got exactly what I wanted since it WAS my birthday this past Wednesday. I got to celebrate it with family and over a hundred of my friends, both clients and volunteers, at our Food Pantry. I cannot think of a better way or place to celebrate. And although it was a cool and misty evening, the really heavy rains we’ve been experiencing lately held off until after we had closed and gone home. I had been praying that God would hold off and he did! When I think back on the hundreds of Wednesdays we’ve been in existence, fewer than 5 have been really rainy and difficult to operate. Thanks be to God!
It was another tremendous night at OUR Food Pantry!
Peace and blessings to all!
If you are looking for something to donate besides food, we need more egg cartons, diapers and baby wipes!
Please take a moment to reread all the opportunities below to help this ministry.
WE NEED YOU!!
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Nancy Bertolino or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
What do we need:
• Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency