It was a great day at the Food Pantry! And it was a busy day at the Food Pantry ― 105 household were served ― and on a rainy day, no less. I was kind of expecting a light turnout. But I guess when the cupboards are bare and you depend on food pantries you don’t have the luxury of waiting until tomorrow to shop. I try to remember that when I go to my pantry or fridge at home.
We heard another success story last week (we love success stories). This time it was Kit who got to be the recipient. Someone whom she didn’t even recognize at first greeted her in a store like a long lost friend and told her that she had come to Covenant when she was in need, and described how she had pulled herself back to normalcy. She stressed to Kit how good we had been to her. That’s our goal. We are so blessed and we want to be a blessing to others. Praise God for the opportunity!
If you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. From time to time we have volunteer needs at other times of the day too. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 30
- # households served: 105
- # individuals served: 321
- # first-timers: 20
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- soup, peanut butter, cereal
- baby food, baby items
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency