Greetings Fellow Foodies!
And so this is Christmas! As we always say, hunger doesn’t take a holiday. Wednesday was another wild and crazy ride with 113 families who ascended on the Food Pantry. So many blessings in the midst of the craziness. Countless clients mentioned how they weren’t sure how they were going to feed their families on Christmas. However, we once again had an abundance of food especially with an extra 1200 pounds from Trader Joes!
If you ever think we aren’t making a difference especially in presenting the gospel in a tangible way, one client told a volunteer that he saw Jesus at the Food Pantry just because of the way we treat people, with love, with dignity and with respect. That is a reason to celebrate.
Thank you all for staying late so that we could properly honor Carl at his last Food Pantry. I know he was touched by everyone’s display of affection. We wish you well my friend!!
Don’t forget that we will be closed next week and gear back up, the first week of the new year!
May God bless you all and your families and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Please see the note below about Tuesday Morning. We have a critical need for a helper or two.
Join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Colleen Meyer or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # households served: 113
- # individuals served: 376
- # first-timers: 12
- # of volunteers: 29
What do we need:
- Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- reusable shopping bags (nopaper bags please.)
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
- Wednesday 4:30-6:30pm the pantry is open and we are distributing food to our clients. Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
- Wednesday morning 10-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
- Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Click here to watch our video.
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency