T’was the night before the night before the night before the night before Christmas
and all through the food pantry house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a church mouse, because we have regular pest control service!
All the produce and bread and staples and meat
was ready and waiting to be carried home to eat.
Volunteers began arriving from here and there
with smiles and laughter and joy to share.
Soon 4:00 came and there arose such a clatter,
we opened the doors to see what was the matter.
It was only our neighbors from near and far,
some had come by bus and others by car.
All had come just to get a bit of food,
so we sprang into action to do what we do.
By the time we locked up, a few hours later,
all the food was gone, down to the last tomater.
Even that mountain of brussel sprouts was gone on its way;
yes, at the Food Pantry, it was a great day!
Merry Christmas to you all and thank you to all our supporters and volunteers for a great year of ministry, and as always, please pray for all our clients. We are closed next week, but will be back in action Wednesday January 4th.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 32 (a record!)
- # households served: 89
- # individuals served: 287
- # first-timers: 11
- We will be closed on Dec 28th.
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- canned fruit
- baby food
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, baby items, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency