It was a great day at the Food Pantry! After three weeks of lower than usual numbers of clients, tonight we were back to our 6-month average of 90. We noticed a definite drop-off in Spanish-speaking clients beginning 4 weeks ago, and were wondering if that was just an anomaly or if it was related to the recent actions by ICE police. In a conversation with a Central Texas Food Bank employee who works with many partner agencies, we learned that our experience was typical of that being seen across the region. Regardless of your politics, please join me in praying for these families who are afraid to even leave their homes. We’re all children of the same God!
Friends, our February individual giving was very small. Please consider an extra gift to the Food Pantry (see Other Business below for info on how to give).
If you have never volunteered at the food pantry before, come join us on Wednesday at 10am or 5pm to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. Questions? Shoot me an email. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 27
- # households served: 90
- # individuals served: 276
- # first-timers: 9
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- soup, mac&cheese
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- Special request: Earth’s Best Infant Formula (lavender container) for client baby with tummy troubles!
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, etc.
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- Note: we have an ample supply of egg cartons for now. Thanks for getting us stocked up!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency