“Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
This greeting is found in some form at the opening of all of Paul’s epistles so I wanted to start the weekly update with this!
It was another great night at the Food Pantry. I am amazed by how well oiled a machine our Food Pantry has become. This was our first night without our fearless leader and things seemed to roll right along without too many hitches! The volunteers came ready to do their assignments with the usual enthusiasm and preparedness! Speaking of volunteers, we had a mother with two teenage boys who wanted to come help to as they needed to work on some scout community service. We put those boys to work, pushing wheelchairs, helping clients to their cars and doing general lifting. Thanks guys and Mom too! We need more youth involvement!
Over and over again we hear from the clients that we run one of the best food pantries in the area and apparently many others think so too including CTFB. As you may already know, we are a “PLATINUM” food pantry. Many perks may come with this that may be answers to our prayers in the very near future especially picking up food! God is good!
Don’t forget to look over the needs list below including the green paper kind!
Peace be with you!
Currently we have key volunteer positions open that must be filled in the near term. Join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Colleen M or Pastor Stella.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # households served: 101
- # individuals served: 298
- # first-timers: 14
- # of volunteers: 32
What do we need:
- Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), TOILET PAPER, feminine products, etc.
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- reusable shopping bags (nopaper bags please.)
- Financial giving is down as is typical during summer months, but our expenses continue as usual. Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
- Wednesday 4:30-6:30pm the pantry is open and we are distributing food to our clients. Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
- Wednesday morning 10-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
- Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
- And if you would like to explore leadership positions, please contact Pastor Stella at 512-346-3124.
Click here to watch our video.
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency