Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 107
· # individuals served: 364
· # first-timers: 12
· # of volunteers: 41
4,482 pounds of food received this week from all our various sources!
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. – James 2:8
It always amazes me how much preparation it takes to pull off the Wednesday evening festivities each and every week. And it all begins the very moment the pantry closes as we take inventory for our Food Bank order for the next week. Literally hundreds of man-hours are volunteered every week! From setting up the Free Store and accepting deliveries Monday through Friday to planning and preparing food for our hospitality snack supper, a committed team works together on each part so that Wednesday evenings for the most part comes off without a hitch. And even if you aren’t physically able to be there, I know many of you are keeping this ministry in your prayers because none of this could happen without God’s guidance and blessing.
Thank you all for participating in this ministry. Each of you play a vital role!
It was another wonderful evening of fellowship at OUR food pantry!
Peace and blessings to all!
If you are looking for something to donate besides food, we need more egg cartons, diapers and baby wipes and MONEY!!
Please take a moment to reread all the opportunities below to help this ministry.
WE NEED YOU!!
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Nancy Bertolino or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
What do we need:
• Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency