It was another great day at the Food Pantry! Several of our regular Wednesday night volunteers were missing tonight and I found myself behind a table helping with food distribution. Of course, I received the expected comments such as, “Good to see you doing some work for a change!” I’m sure I didn’t do as good a job as our incredible regulars, but I had a great time! Just another chance to interact with each client.
The past two weeks we have offered to each client a small, hand crocheted butterfly pin. Jane and her team made 300 this year! What a labor of love, and very much appreciated by recipients. There is no telling what the impact might be from a simple act of love, whether it’s handing a jug of milk, attaching an unexpected note to a food item, carrying bags out to someone’s car, or crocheting a butterfly. God can use our offering and work wonders!
Please pray for all our clients. Some are having a really difficult time.
- If you are interested in exploring a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact Carl or Pastor Stella.
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- Mac & Cheese
- canned fruit
- We can always use reusable shopping bags (Not paper or “single-use” plastic bags please.)
- Financial donations to the food pantry can be made by check or online at covenantaustin.org/events-
- If you have questions about how to make financial or food donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.