It was a great day at the Food Pantry! Again I say, it was a great day at the Food Pantry!! It was what we now recognize as a typical day before Thanksgiving. Volunteers bringing family members with them, lower that usual numbers of clients, and oh so much food. 3300 pounds of food from donors – 2200 just from Trader Joe’s alone. This is on top of what we receive from the Central Texas Food Bank – about 1500 pounds this week! And it’s the season for food drives: more than 500 pounds from our own Covenant Preschool, 400+ from Williams Chiropractic, and others. The great thing about food drives is that they get so many people involved in giving. Whether adults or children, we all need to give. It seems to be a part of who we are. And it’s a tangible way for us to give thanks.
I invite you to join us in this work. Please support us financially. It takes more money to provide for the increasing numbers of clients. And if you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what it is that keeps our volunteers coming back.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 31!
- # households served: 65
- # individuals served: 210
- # first-timers: 15
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- baby food
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, baby items, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency