It was a great night at the food pantry! A calm night. No skirmishes. No upset clients. We had plenty of everything. We finished on time, lights out by 7:30. Weird. So I’ll use this space to relate what more than a few clients have told us about their experience coming to Covenant Food Pantry. Last week one client in particular told her story to a volunteer in a lengthy conversation as he helped carry food out to her car. She described how it is different at Covenant. She is treated like a friend. There’s no shame; no embarrassment; no demeaning. God honors the prayer we pray each week before we open: Help us to treat each person with dignity and respect. And then it just happens. Most of us have more than we need, and then we freely give. And we give God all the credit.
Please pray for all our clients.
- If you are interested in a leadership position in the Food Pantry, please contact Carl or Pastor Stella.
- We still have a need for a large capacity vehicle (3/4-ton or more) on Tuesdays. If you have a possible solution, please contact Carl.
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable food:
- Mac & Cheese
- We can always use reusable grocery shopping bags (Not paper or “single-use” plastic bags please.)
- If you have questions about how to make financial or food donations, please contact the church office at 512-346-3124.