It was a great day at the Food Pantry! Another busy night, with 104 households served – two weeks in a row over 100.
One weekly feature that I don’t talk about much here is our “Free Store.” It seems that most early arrivers – perhaps 70 people – have been visiting the Free Store each week, shopping for clothing and housewares. Major thanks to Rita and Erin for making this happen!
You may know that we have a literature table that contains job information, indigent primary healthcare and other topics of general interest for our clients. The interest shown in this info tonight was higher than I’ve ever seen. That’s encouraging. If we could play a role in getting just one person well employed, what a great success that would be.
If you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. From time to time we have volunteer needs at other times of the day too. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 26
- # households served: 104
- # individuals served: 340
- # first-timers: 14
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- soup, peanut butter, cereal
- baby food, baby items
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency