It was a great day at the Food Pantry as we served 98 households. We’re in the final stretch for our Sixth Anniversary Celebration Dinner! It will be May 3rd from 4-7pm, come and go. Everyone is invited ― volunteers, clients, church members, friends, family, everyone! And it’s free! The Barilla Pasta people will be cooking and serving the main course. Members and friends can bring salad fixins, breads and desserts, or contact Laurie McBride to help. And yes, the pantry will be open as usual. I hope you can join us and bring your family!
As I look back over these six years, I am amazed at what has transpired. From our humble beginnings working out of a closet, breaking into double digit numbers of households, who would have ever thought we’d see triple digit numbers of people coming to us. But it happened. And the numbers and dedication of our volunteers is truly inspiring. Where will we be in the future? Only God knows; but if we continue to trust in his guidance I know it will be good.
If you have never volunteered at the food pantry before, come join us on Wednesday at 5pm to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back. We also need helpers at other times of the week. For more info shoot me an email. And if you are interested in a leadership role, please contact Pastor Stella or me to explore opportunities.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 25
- # households served: 98
- # individuals served: 328
- # first-timers: 13
What do we need:
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency