Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week’s numbers:
· # households served: 102
· # individuals served: 335
· # first-timers: 14
· # of volunteers: 25
It was another great night at OUR Food Pantry. It was pointed out that we should call this OUR Food Pantry and not “the” Food Pantry. I like that!
Don’t forget, we will be closed on July 4th but the following Wednesday, July 11th, begins our yearly registration process of all the clients. There will be registration training on July 2nd or the 10th at 6:30pm at Covenant if you could help out for a few weeks.
Peace and blessings to all!
Please note the other ways you can help below but always keep OUR Food Pantry in your prayers!
What do we need:
• Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• baby food, diapers, other baby items
• reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 10am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency