Greetings Fellow Foodies!
I read these two quotes this week in my devotionals:
“This begins to happen when my attention turns from my disgruntlement with the insanity around me to my discontent with the incongruity within me.”
“Broken people are made whole by God’s love.”
Why these two? Because of the growth of the Food Pantry, any given week if not every week is insanity and I sometimes want to run and hide from the overwhelming needs of people. Then I remember that I am just as needy and broken as anybody who graces our pantry doors! And it seems especially at this time of year that everybody needs a word or a hug or just a listening ear! Beyond the food, this is a basic need of every human.
This Wednesday was no different but was another great night highlighted by missing car keys by a client. For the most part though, everything went along smoothly and we were able to finish up on time!
Please see the note below about Tuesday Morning. We have a critical need for a helper or two.
Join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Colleen Meyer or Pastor Stella. Thank You to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # households served: 95
- # individuals served: 327
- # first-timers: 11
- # of volunteers: 30
What do we need:
- Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
- baby food, diapers, other baby items
- reusable shopping bags (nopaper bags please.)
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
- Wednesday 4:30-6:30pm the pantry is open and we are distributing food to our clients. Everyone is welcome… just drop in!
- Wednesday morning 10-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
- Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it’s a good fit for you. You don’t need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Click here to watch our video.
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency