It was a great day at the Food Pantry! We meet such a rich variety of people who come to us for help. Poverty and hunger are not respecters of the other demographics, such as age or race or the other ways we tend to pigeonhole people. I had a wonderful conversation last night with someone who would stand out in most any crowd – well spoken, intelligent, thoughtful. But the characteristic that serves her best is that attitude of gratitude that seems to lift some people up even when life is being harsh. She says she has a book in her, waiting to be written, and Covenant Food Pantry will be a happy chapter in it. I told her I expected an autographed copy! Life is hard for this lady, but she has perspective that keeps her on course. I am thankful that I get to meet such wonderful people!
Please support us financially. It takes more money to provide for the increasing numbers of clients. And if you have never volunteered here before, come join us on Wednesday at 5:00 to see first hand what keeps our volunteers coming back.
Thank you to all our supporters and volunteers, and as always, please pray for all our clients.
This week’s numbers:
- # of volunteers: 26
- # households served: 81
- # individuals served: 270
- # first-timers: 7
- Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC (“Food Pantry” on memo line).
- This week’s needs list for those wanting to donate shelf-stable items:
- canned fruit
- baby food
- toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, baby items, etc.
- We can always use:
- reusable shopping bags (not paper bags please.)
- empty egg cartons (12s please, not 18s)
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency