Stephen Ministries is system of training and organizing lay persons for caring ministry in and around our congregation. Stephen Ministry enables members of our our congregation to serve one another as caring Christina friends.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who…
- express God’s care through their lives to others
- receive 50 hours of initial training in caring ministry skills and concepts
- are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training
- visit another person regularly and dependably, offering Christian support and care
- participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders
- are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship
- serve for at least two years
- receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service.
Stephen Ministers work together with the pastors to reach more people who are hurting than a pastor can ever reach alone. Stephen Ministry never replaces pastoral care; it multiplies it! As a result, fewer people slip through the cracks.
Anyone interested in receiving one-on-one care or training to serve as a Stephen Minister may call the church office at 512-346-3124.
To learn more about Stephen Ministry, visit their web page.