November 13th, 2019
Greetings Fellow Foodies!
This week's numbers:
· # households served: 94
· # individuals served: 306
· # first-timers: 8
· # of volunteers: 41
6720 pounds of food received this week from all our various sources!
Help carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will obey the law of Christ.
Is this not what we attempt every week? We help carry others burden by providing food, clothing, prayer and perhaps the most important, relationship! By doing this, we not only are obeying the law of Christ, we are showing others first hand, the love of Jesus himself!
Did you notice the amount of food we received this week in comparison to the number of clients we served? Maybe it was the cold, wet weather that kept the numbers lower than average, but everyone who did brave the elements left with a lot of food. Even the client who showed up late after we had nearly cleaned up, left with an abundance. God always provides.
Warning! I have a feeling that next week will be extremely busy! Since we will be closed the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, it has been our experience that the week before that is crowded. The weather forecast looks to be pleasant and dry, too!
Thank you all!!
It is time for our annual plea for money to support the ongoing ministry. While no where near the dire straights we were in this time last year, funding is always a concern. Please consider an extra gift to the Covenant Care Ministries which includes the Food Pantry, Free Store and Snack Supper!
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org/food-pantry,
Hit the Donate Now button and look for Designated Fund.
Or mail a check to the following and put Food Pantry in the memo line:
Covenant United Methodist Church
4410 Duval Rd.
Austin, TX 78727
A complete list of needs can be found below.
We are still in need egg cartons!
Do you speak Spanish? We can always use you!
Please take a moment to reread all the opportunities below to help this ministry.
Come join our team! Or step up your current involvement! See below under What do we need, and if you have questions or interest in joining us please reply to this email or contact Bob Weeks, Nancy Bertolino.
What do we need:
Needs list for those wanting to donate items:
• Toiletries - toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo (including the free hotel size), toilet paper, feminine products, etc.
• Baby food, diapers, other baby items
• Adult diapers
• Reusable shopping bags (no paper bags please.)
• Financial donations to the food pantry may be made online at covenantaustin.org, or by check to Covenant UMC ("Food Pantry" on memo line).
Would you like to volunteer in the food pantry? There are multiple opportunities each week:
• Wednesday evenings 4:00pm-7:00pm for volunteers to help set-up, distribute food to our clients and then clean up! Everyone is welcome... just drop in!
• Wednesday morning 9am-noon: we receive deliveries and sort/set-up bread and produce.
• Tuesday morning: We need volunteers to pick up food at the Food Bank and bring it back to Covenant. You can do a ride-along with one of our current volunteers to see if it's a good fit for you. You don't need to use your own vehicle but you do need to be in good physical condition, able to lift and transfer up to 60 pounds. This is an essential task that must be done every week to make the food pantry work. Please help spread the word and let me know if you have questions. By the way, this is a great job to share with a friend: enjoy the company, get a little workout!
Covenant Food Pantry is a Central Texas Food Bank Partner Agency